Vanadium redox batteries are based on the ability of vanadium to exist in four different oxidation states (V2, V3, V4, and V5), each of which holds a different electrical charge. Read more
The benefits of the REDT Batteries are compelling for all applications and business sectors: Grid energy, Green energy incentives, Electric vehicles, Industrial applications, Domestic applications... Read more
Use REDT Energy Storage Systems to Make Renewables More Reliable
A key problem in supplying renewable energy to the electric grid is the mismatch between availability and demand. Solar and wind energy is highly dependent on external conditions, such as the weather, but energy demand is independent of these factors. The REDT battery eliminates this problem by allowing operators to store energy when available and release it to the grid when needed; evening out the mismatch between supply and demand and eliminating the intermittency problems associated with renewable energy sources.
Who benefits from using energy storage alongside renewable energy?
- Minimise connection and line upgrade costs by peak shaving and time shifting.
- Enable more rapid connection permitting and generate multiple revenue streams for enhanced ROI.
- Enables power delivery at specified peak times, maximizing the potential revenue and significantly increasing profitability.
The Utility Companies
- Energy storage can help to guarantee a predictable stream of energy from renewable sources
- REDT batteries can help meet green energy commitments.
- Our Energy Storage System is 100% emission free and contains no heavy metals.
REDT Energy Storage Unit installed with PV in collaboration with the European Commission
REDT has successfully installed a demonstration energy storage system which has a 5kW rated power with 12 hours (60kWh) storage capacity and will be connected to a building-integrated PV installation at the University of Evora in northern Portugal.
The system will be used to maximise the efficiency of a 6.6 kW rooftop PV array and, in the process, help to reduce energy costs. The system is capable of delivering a high quality domestic 2kW load for 2 to 3 days during periods of low solar output. read more...
1.26MWh Energy Storage for remote Scottish wind farm
Find out more
For more information on using Energy Storage to supplement renewable energy production, please contact us.